Friday 7 May 2010

07/05/10 WOD


Buy in:
400m run
20 double unders x 2
20 kb swings x 2
10 clapping push ups x 2
10 pull ups x 2
Skill: Thrusters 3-3-3-3


WOD: AMRAP 10 minutes
7 thrusters @ 42.5kg
7 pull ups


Jay - 80kg (PB) / 10 rounds + 7 thrusters

Today I was sooo tired when I got back from uni I just fell asleep. When I woke up I knew I needed to get up to get to training but I felt so lethargic and sluggish. Despite that I forced myself up and out the door and just put those thoughts on the back shelf. When I arrived at the gym I was feeling lame during the warm up and thinking I wasn't going to perform well at all. Suddenly that all disappeared and was replaced by a determination to just OWN!
I killed the thrusters by nailing a PB on the second attempt of 80kg for 3. I felt strong and confident with no doubt in my mind that I could do it. I carried this feeling through to the workout where the score to beat was 7 rounds, the goal to get double figures. I got 10 rounds plus 7 thrusters. I think that speaks for itself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment