Sunday 25 April 2010

25/04/10 WOD


Buy in:
400m run
10 box jumps
19 burpees (+ the other 5 I did in the morning)
10 squats
10 push ups
10 pull ups
20 sit ups


Skill: Weighted dead hang pull ups then max rep kipping pull ups

WOD: 'McGhee'
AMRAP in 30 mins
- 5 deadlifts @ 125kg
- 13 push ups
- 9 box jumps

Jay - 6 @ 12kg/5 @ 16kg/4 @ 20kg/ 44 reps (PB) and gym record/ 8 rounds + 1 deadlift






Today was a real mental battle for me in the sense that during this workout I had so many thoughts going through my head I had to fight to keep them out and push through with my lifts (i.e. deadlift as this was the only exercise that was throwing up mind blocks for me). Nevertheless I made it my goal to get through the WOD and not these thoughts stop me and I achieved that. The other focus was keeping my form on the deadlifts. I've gotta say, since my injury I haven't yet made it back up to what I normally lift and 125kg felt like a bitch! Each rep was a BIG effort but it's all good training! No post workout back probs so I'll just keeping climbing the ladder step by step.

Peace in the middle east!
Jay










No comments:

Post a Comment